- Bloodborne Pathogens Training or Certification
- Self Study & Apprenticeship
- Encapsulation: TCM Method
- Tincture or Essence
- Cord Keepsake
- Specialist's Workspace
My name is Tina, from Madelina Birth and Baby. Thank you for interest in my Placenta Encapsulation Services. As a Certified Placenta Specialist, I believe that placenta encapsulation for postpartum recovery is a natural part of the birthing process. I provide professional quality placenta services and adhere to OSHA blood-born pathogens standards with the goal of offering birthing people the best postpartum experience possible.
Placenta Preparation Services
- placenta encapsulation - Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- placenta tincture if available
- placenta prints if available
- umbilical cord keepsake
Capsules: Traditional Chinese Medicine
Your placenta is steamed with fresh ginger, fresh green chili peppers and lemon (or lemongrass) before slicing and dehydrating it at 160 F. This method is believed to be warming and replenishing to the postpartum body and circulatory system, more supportive of mood and help your body use the beneficial properties of the placenta in a deeper way. This method also kills bacteria and reduces risk of spoilage. * vegetarian capsules are used, unless gelatin capsules are preferred.
Tincture 500 ml - The benefit to having a tincture made is that it can be used in addition to and long after the capsules are gone. Placenta tincture is a liquid extract of the placenta and its ingredients in a high-grade alcohol. It makes a potent tincture, has an indefinite shelf life and drops are easy to consume.
Placenta Prints: the placenta is often referred to as the Tree of Life. I create a print of your placenta on watercolour paper. I can spray it with a fixative, if desired. A placenta print is a great keepsake for your baby's book or to frame if desired.
Umbilical Cord Keepsake: a special addition to your encapsulation service, if available, which you can hang, store in your baby's memory box or book etc.
* prices include applicable taxes
Includes Capsules, Tincture,
Prints plus a Cord Keepsake
PAMPER ME PACKAGE
Includes Capsules, Tincture,
plus a Cord Keepsake
plus a Cord Keepsake $200.00
* All services require a $100.00 deposit. The remainder is due upon completion of services.
Training and Qualifications
- Certified Labour and Birth Doula (Doula Training Canada)
- Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist (By the Moon Alternative and Holistic Health Pregnancy and Childbirth Service)
- Infant Massage Instructor (International Association of Infant Massage)
- Acupressure for Prenatal, Labour and Postpartum Periods (AcuMassage Therapy Center)
- Intensive in Medical Practices in the Developing World - (Equip International)
- St. John Ambulance CPR Level 3 and AED (recertifying)
- OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Standards Certificate - (Bloodborne Pathogens and Infection Control for Placenta Encapsulators)
- More training can be found here
- Testimonials can be found here